Convict 'wins' luxury Holiday - X Nations

Go Back   X Nations > X Nations > General Webmaster Business and Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
Turf
Turf should edit this

xBucks: 270
Default Convict 'wins' luxury Holiday

A Russian man who won a five-star trip to London will not be able to claim his prize as he is in prison.

Sergei Repinovsky, 27, filled in a ticket for a local prize draw sent to him by a relative - hoping to win a teapot for his cell.

But instead he won the top prize of an all-expenses paid trip to London, including seven nights in a luxury hotel.

just starting a prison sentence.

Repinovsky told prison governors about his win but was told he could not go because he was serving 10 years for fraud.

Prison spokesman Sergei Manygin said: "Prisoners are only allowed to leave the prison under special circumstances and even then they cannot go out of Russia.

"And the prisoner will not even be able to wait until he gets out because as far as I know the British Embassy refuses to give visas to Russian ex-convicts."

Repinovsky said: "I entered the competition just for fun hoping to win an electric teapot or a coffee-machine. But Lady Luck decided to play a sick joke on me."
A Russian man who won a five-star trip to London will not be able to claim his prize as he is in prison.

Sergei Repinovsky, 27, filled in a ticket for a local prize draw sent to him by a relative - hoping to win a teapot for his cell.

But instead he won the top prize of an all-expenses paid trip to London, including seven nights in a luxury hotel.

just starting a prison sentence.

Repinovsky told prison governors about his win but was told he could not go because he was serving 10 years for fraud.

Prison spokesman Sergei Manygin said: "Prisoners are only allowed to leave the prison under special circumstances and even then they cannot go out of Russia.

"And the prisoner will not even be able to wait until he gets out because as far as I know the British Embassy refuses to give visas to Russian ex-convicts."

Repinovsky said: "I entered the competition just for fun hoping to win an electric teapot or a coffee-machine. But Lady Luck decided to play a sick joke on me."